Gibitngil Funtastic Island Medellin Cebu is one of the best summer destinations in the northern part of Cebu. If you want a daytime/night sea adventure then, consider going to this beautiful place. Because, aside from its astounding sceneries, there are many interesting places where you can have an enjoyable visit like the Floating Cottage, Discovery Reef, Dayhagon Canal, River Cruise and others.
Information about Gibitngil Island
To give you some sort of background or history of the place, Medellin was declared municipal based on the royal decree of Queen Isabel II of Spain on September 09, 1881.
Gibitngil is an Island barangay belongs to the Municipality of Medellin Cebu. It is situated in the northern part of Cebu province with the neighboring places like Bogo, San Remigio and Daanbantayan. If you do not own a car, you can still go to the place via public utility vehicles and motor-boats. Please keep in mind that it is best to plan everything before your scheduled travel especially when you are far. So that you can save enough time for fun and
relaxation. But considering most of us are either busy due to varying work shifts or time spent with business, still an island getaway for a day is possible. Why not? hahaha…
Anyway, each of us deserves an enjoyable and worthwhile escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
For first time travelers or tourists who want to go to Gibitngil Island, here are some of my tweaki-tips for you:
Travel Guide going to Funtastic Gibitngil Island in Medellin Cebu
How to go to Gibitngil Funtastic Island in Medellin Cebu?
Gibitngil Island Map/Location reference – Courtesy of Google Map (https://www.google.com.ph/maps/)
Assuming you got no wheels to drive. But you have your shoes and slippers, right? 🙂 Then, you should do the following;
- Wake-up early
- Make sure that all needed things are ready and packed
- Bring some food (meals) enough for your travel including snacks and drinks. Because, you may encounter some difficulties in buying some of your needs when you are already there. Considering the location of the place, there are only few sari-sari or convenience stores in the area. But, if you have room accommodation in a resort maybe you can just request to the owner or staff of the resort about the things you need throughout your stay.
- Bring enough cash on your trip to Gibitngil Island. There are only few Automated Teller Machines (ATM) in the area.
Travelling to Gibitngil Island by Bus
- Go to Cebu North Bus Terminal to ride a Bus bound for Kawit Medellin Cebu.
Suggestions: Choose an air-conditioned type Ceres Bus
- Find a resort in the nearest area where you can rent a room for your stay. For tourists or travellers who will visit the island for just a day, Budget-wise, I think there’s no need for you to rent a room. Room rates varies depending on the amenities it can offer. You can avail the affordable rooms ranging from Php 1500 – 3000 plus for a night stay.
- Board a motor-boat (motor banca or pump boat) Kawit Medellin has a small port where you can hire motorized boats that will take you to Gibitngil funtastic Island.
What to expect to see or experience in Gibitngil Island?
Based on my observation and experience, the things you should expect from Gibitngil Funtastic Island are:
- Beautiful and Gigantic rock formations
- Deep and crystal clear sea water
- Coral reefs can be seen below the sea bed
- There are variety of fish species
- Full of FUNtastic experience
List of activities that you can do in Gibitngil Funtastic Island:
- Cliff diving
- Beach swimming
- Scuba Diving
- Zip line and others
Safety gears and amenities you can use/rent:
- Entrance fee – Php 20 (Php 5 for locals)
- Cottages depending on size – Day use – Php 50 – 250 (lower part) and Overnight use – Php 250 – 500 (higher part)
- Life vest or Life jacket – Php 25 – 50
- Lifebuoy or life-saver – Php 60
- Zipline – Php 50 per ride
- Cliff diving is free
- Kayak boats – Php 150 per hour
Where to stay in Gibitngil Island, Medellin Cebu?
There are resorts in Medellin that offers affordable rooms to guests. Please see #2 Find a resort for additional information.
Contact Information of Funtastic Medellin
Telephone: (+63)917 623 4925
Additional helpful tips:
Visit timing and things to consider before going to the island
Better to place a reservation first when you have a plan going there during weekend (Saturday and Sunday) or holidays because of the volume of visitors or travelers during those days. So, I encourage you to make your planned travel during weekdays if possible.
Postpone your visit when there is a bad weather like heavy rains and typhoons. Because, it is so risky.
Facts and Figures presented in this article
Please note that facts and figures presented in this article are subject to change without notice to the readers. Any amount mentioned and place descriptions are based only from experience. Room rates and transpo fares are only estimates and not necessarily bearing an exact or absolute amount or value.
Kindly check Medellin’s official website for further information and queries. I hope this article could help and provide you with the necessary information so that you can really have an enjoyable and worry-free travel experience at Gibitngil Island.
If you would like to go to white sand beaches and dive spots, I would recommend these three of the famous tourist destinations in the Northern part of Cebu – Bantayan Island, Malapascua Island and Camotes Islands.
So there you have it. Have a safe trip! 🙂 – CX
For more travel guides, please visit this link: Travel Pa More…